Chicken Piccata with Pink Peppercorn Fettuccine
WHAT YOU WILL NEED -
- 1 lb. of Pink Peppercorn Fettuccine (or any pasta)
- 1 c. of Piccata Sauce
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (butterflied into 4 thinner pieces)
- 1 c. of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil, extra virgin (divided)
- More olive oil, for drizzling (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1/3 c. of white wine
- 3 Tbsp. butter, unsalted
- More salt & pepper, to taste
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish
HOW TO DO IT -
- In a shallow bowl, COMBINE - flour, paprika, granulated garlic, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- DREDGE chicken in flour mixture and shake off any excess. Set aside.
- BRING a large pot of salted water to a boil (it should taste like the ocean).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, HEAT 3 Tbsp. of olive oil until it starts to sizzle.
- ADD two of the chicken breasts and COOK for 3 minutes on each side. REMOVE & set aside. HEAT another 3 Tbsp. of olive oil. And REPEAT with the other two chicken breasts.
- RETURN all chicken breasts to the pan. DEGLAZE pan with 1/3 c. of white wine.
- ADD 1 c. of Piccata Sauce to pan and REDUCE heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, ADD the Pink Peppercorn Fettuccine to the boiling water, stirring to separate the pasta. COOK for 2-3 minutes.
- RESERVE 1/2 c. of the pasta water. Then, DRAIN the pasta. DRIZZLE & COAT generously with the additional olive oil. Set aside.
- ADD 3 Tbsp. of butter and 1/2 c. of pasta water to the simmering sauce. STIR to combine.
- PLATE pasta. TOP with chicken breast. COVER generously with sauce. GARNISH with chopped parsley and enjoy! BUON APPETITO!